I’m in! Which MBA Program Should I Accept?
If you’re in the position of choosing between multiple MBA programs, you’re probably feeling a mix of relief and anxiety. As you already know, where you get your MBA will influence your success and happiness not only in business school but also your future… so it’s important to make an informed decision.
How to Decide Which MBA Program to Accept
- Career Leverage
- Student Experience
- Time and Cost
- Interdepartmental study opportunities
- Available electives to tailor your coursework
- Concentrations in relevant industries or disciplines
- Hand-on experience through external projects
- Mix of case study, lecture, and field work
- Applied vs. theoretical orientation
- Internships & work/study programs
- Entrepreneurship programs and support
- Global focus and study abroad opportunities
- Leadership development programming
2. Career Leverage
- Professors as “thought leaders” in your field
- Alumni network engagement
- Strength of the MBA program brand in your target industry
- Presence of alumni at target employers
- Consulting projects with important industry players
- Visiting professors and engaged outside organizations
- Accessibility of alumni
- Number of placements in your industry
- Starting salaries
- Job placement statistics
3. Student Experience
- Commitment to and engagement with non-profits and social causes
- Strong sense of community
- Clubs and activities of interest
- International mix
- Gender Mix and support for diversity
- Concentration of businesses in your target industry
- Proximity to potential target employers
- Urban/rural campus setting
- Are you energized?
- Will you be successful?
- Will you fit in?
- Do you like the people?
4. Time & Cost
- Academic year vs. year-round study
- 2-Year vs. accelerated programs
- Full-time vs. part-time programs