Profile Evaluation please - Female Indian, 28, Biotech Professional
Hello! Your feedback on my profile would be greatly appreciated - I am targeting the following programs:
1. Kellogg 2-year program
2. Haas MBA/MPH Concurrent Degree Program
3. Fuqua Daytime Program with HSM Certificate
I graduated from my undergrad degree in the top 1% (among class of ~700)
I had a 100% merit-based scholarship for my master's degree - not sure if this is worth mentioning.
While I have enjoyed learning the commercial side of the biotech industry through my current sales role, I believe that a broader knowledge of the biotech/pharma industry and the health care landscape is necessary for my long term goals.
Short term goal: Healthcare consulting
Long term goal: Business strategy (external) at a global biotech/pharma company.
- Eric Allen expert Your profile looks good @amkal I will give you feedback on your profile, specifically. One thing worth noting to the forum is the importance of coming up with a strategy around the type of school you will be applying to (FT/PT; 1Yr/2Yr, etc.) as they are very different programs. Moving to consulting is possible through a PT program, but more difficult than if you go to a FT program where it is more of a pipeline to a new career. You certainly have the general background to achieve the goals you've laid out, so the importance is in the execution of your application in articulating a differentiated story. More on your profile! #mba #freeconsultation
- amkal Thank you, Eric! Your comments are very helpful. I am currently targeting the full-time programs at the schools I have mentioned above, as I have heard that it is considerably more challenging to pivot from a part-time program, especially if one is hoping to get into consulting.
You have heard correctly. You're on the right track. Let us know if we can be helpful in any other way or if you would like to work with one of the coaches at www.admitadvantage.com.
Good luck! Feel free to fire away if you have any other questions.
- Linda El Awar expert @amkal, your volunteer experience is equally important! You will want to highlight leadership experience and teamwork skills. There are probably lots of strong examples you can pull from your volunteer work, too. #mba #freeconsultation #goforit